Welcome to A Million Miracles.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable, progressive and terminal condition called Idiopathic Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (PH). In retrospect, we can trace this illness back to at least January of 2004, but you can have it for several years before you notice any symptoms. My diagnosis came after I was hospitalized for what ended up being almost three weeks - spent consecutively in three different hospitals - two of them being in ICU units. Over the past year we have been sending email updates to family and friends concerning my medical/physical journey as well as lessons I'm learning as a result.

These are those emails. There's no rhyme or reason as to when I send out another email update. It just happens when "the Spirit moves." But whenever I write and send one, I will also post it on this blog.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

#12 - I have a song in my heart...

Date Sent: Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 11:11 AM

We just got back from church (we go to the first service), and I have several HUGE praises!

Today was the first time I went to church (it's a big church with a lot of walking) and left the oxygen in the car!

It was also the first time I was physically able to sing during the service. Since Christmas I haven't been able to sing at church. I would get tired partly through the first song, and have to sit down. Week after week I would tell Aaron, "sorry, I'm too tired, I need to sit down." I really felt horrible about how "out of shape" I had gotten during this pregnancy. Now we know that it was the singing that made me too out-of-breath. My oxygen saturation levels got low and I got tired. But today, I SANG AT CHURCH! I even sang EVERY SONG - WHILE STANDING! It's been months since I've been able to do this!!!

It seemed like every song in today's service had special meaning for me. God kept speaking to me through the music. After I made it through the first song, I whispered to my sister that I had made it through the WHOLE song, and how amazing that was. She then whispered it to my mom. I said a silent prayer of thanks to God for this accomplishment, and then tacked on "I don't know why I'm going through this, but I'm so happy that you're still healing me. Thank you." God is so amazing - here are the lyrics for the chorus of the VERY NEXT song:

How great is our God!
Sing with me:
How great is our God!
And all will see how great,
How great is our God.

God gave me my answer in the music that the music director had decided to play probably a week ago! God really IS SO GREAT!!!

~ Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment