Welcome to A Million Miracles.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable, progressive and terminal condition called Idiopathic Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (PH). In retrospect, we can trace this illness back to at least January of 2004, but you can have it for several years before you notice any symptoms. My diagnosis came after I was hospitalized for what ended up being almost three weeks - spent consecutively in three different hospitals - two of them being in ICU units. Over the past year we have been sending email updates to family and friends concerning my medical/physical journey as well as lessons I'm learning as a result.

These are those emails. There's no rhyme or reason as to when I send out another email update. It just happens when "the Spirit moves." But whenever I write and send one, I will also post it on this blog.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

#5 - May We Introduce You

Date Sent: Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 9:04 PM

I had been told that the doctors were going to put a hickman catheter (an iv going into my heart) in me sometime today, Monday. This morning the nurse came in to wake me up at 6:15 and said "they're ready for you in the operating room now". So, I went to the operating room. Everything went well. The two other small procedures that needed to be done were also completed today. God's hand was over my life once again today. One of the procedures needed to be even more exact than the word exact implies, or I could have gotten incredibly sick again and moved back to the ICU. It also went smoothly!

It's now 8pm, and the word is that I'm going home in the morning! There's so much that they have had to coordinate to make this possible. There will be visiting nurses coming to my house from two different organizations. One for the hickman and iv medication, and one for the oxygen.

The doctors have said that it will be at least another 6 weeks until I begin to feel like my old self again, and am able to resume a more "normal" lifestyle. It will be doubly difficult because I have a three year old and a newborn waiting at home for me. So, this is going to be a long month! But with God's help - and your prayers - I'll get there. My mother has offered to drop everything and come stay with us during all of this.

So many people have asked when they can come visit. After the 4 hour car ride home tomorrow, and being reunited as a family, I'm going to be exhausted. Perhaps at the beginning of next week I'll have enough energy for that sort of thing. But please, no visitors yet this week. Also - we have a premie at home - if you feel even a little sick, DO NOT COME. We can't afford to have him get sick and have to be hospitalized.

Please join us in praising God for bringing me (and us as a family) this far. We can't even count the number of miracles we've experienced - both big and small! Also join is in praying for a FULL AND COMPLETE MIRACULOUS HEALING since there is NO CURE for pulmonary hypertension. I want to be there at our sons' weddings!

Julia and Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment