Welcome to A Million Miracles.

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with an incurable, progressive and terminal condition called Idiopathic Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (PH). In retrospect, we can trace this illness back to at least January of 2004, but you can have it for several years before you notice any symptoms. My diagnosis came after I was hospitalized for what ended up being almost three weeks - spent consecutively in three different hospitals - two of them being in ICU units. Over the past year we have been sending email updates to family and friends concerning my medical/physical journey as well as lessons I'm learning as a result.

These are those emails. There's no rhyme or reason as to when I send out another email update. It just happens when "the Spirit moves." But whenever I write and send one, I will also post it on this blog.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

#37 - A Celebration of LIFE!

Date Sent: Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Aaron sent the following email to a select group of his co-workers this morning. I thought it was worth sharing.
~ Julia


All,

If you are receiving this you are a part of a large network of people that were a part of our life one year ago today when we ( Julia and I ) were given grave news. ( whole story here ) You are also witnesses to so many miracles that we experienced. The doctors told us that they didn't expect Julia and our unborn child to live, and yet a year later they LIVE. This morning a year ago she was finally diagnosed. Tonight a year ago they transported her to UPMC to try to save both lives. Tonight at 2 am was when they intubated her since she was no longer able to breathe. And tomorrow at 10 am is when another of many miracles occurred, Harrison was born - alive. What we went through, most will never know, and I wish it to never happen to anyone I know. Throughout the last year Julia has slowly taken one new breath at a time, walking with oxygen / then without / then finally making it up a flight of steps / then being able to get out of the house / etc.. We are so grateful for all the support given, and the prayers said. Without it I truly do not think she would be here today. We still have struggles but we count them as blessings as it's far better then a life lost.

So today we celebrate LIFE, the life of Julia. and tomorrow the life of Harrison - what the doctors said didn't come true, instead they LIVE!!!

Take the time to call your family and say "I Love You." Take the time to give an additional hug to your friends. Look at each day as a gift, and each second as a opportunity to share your life.

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment